• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

recent modelling from KIM

Started by 1-32, March 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Les Tindall

The texture on that rusty lid is superb!
Les

Lawton Maner

I love the rendition of Russ' meditation room. 

finescalerr

LAWTON, GO STAND IN THE CORNER!! -- Russ

Bernhard

Great texture, Kim. Unfortunately the grass looks a bit sterile and artificial in comparison. Mix grass fibers of different length and color?

Bernhard

1-32

Morning.
Thanks, everybody.
Yes, the grass good comment and very relevant. This is only a temporary effect the finished effect will be different and more varied. I usually use a number of test card effects quick and cheap to see what they look like, nothing like committing to an effect then finding that you hate it. It is called roughing in.
The world that I  first thought of was a sandy terrane with bits of grass but that has changed now seeing that I have a lawnmower.
cheers

Ray Dunakin

I love that tank! The cracked and spalled concrete looks so authentic!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Hi Kim,

your water tank concrete looks great!
Frithjof

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on October 28, 2020, 12:25:31 PM
LAWTON, GO STAND IN THE CORNER!! -- Russ

No room here, find somewhere else.

Nick

1-32

Evening , good afternoon, and good morning all.
Trees bloody trees they have to be transparent in the last 2 days I must have made 5 all different types and they have all been trashed. But this one is crazy enough to work and it photographed well. A mixture of natural and commercial elements and the lemons well they will have to wait.
cheers.

1-32

And of course, I forgot the photos.

finescalerr

It looks good but not much like a lemon tree. Keep it; just call it something else. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on October 31, 2020, 12:21:00 AM
It looks good but not much like a lemon tree. Keep it; just call it something else. -- Russ

Maybe just maybe its not a California lemon tree!!!

Great work on the concrete!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

1-32

hi All..
Nope, no Lemon tree at least not from this world but it fits the bill of an overgrown tree that has not been trimmed for many years.
Just what I was looking for.
cheers.

Barney

Well I'v looked at Images of Lemon trees on Google and in my mind you are not that far off - the trunks all look a bit straggly even on a well looked after version perhaps they need some to Pe up them   but no worries my man I don't know of many Lemon tree rivet counters !!
Keep the good work up its looking great
Burt Munro
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson