• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Rigging Shed 1/48

Started by Robert G, May 16, 2020, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert G

My latest installment .
Sierra West :The Rigging Shed with some personal additions and modifications.

;)

finescalerr

Rather nice and more convincing than somewhat. -- Russ

shropshire lad

You're getting quite good at this modelling lark , with a bit more practice you might even become very good !

Very impressive and if you feel like sharing your wood staining techniques then I for one would be interested in learning them .

Magnifique .

Nick

Les Tindall

That is some pretty incredible modelling!  Great weathering and aging.

Les

Lawton Maner

It is against the rules of this forum to try and pass the shed up the street from your house off as your model.  Please give credit to the long dead carpenter for building it and to Mother Nature for the time and effort she put into weathering it and apologize to all of us.  Try this again next year on 1 April.

TRAINS1941

You have done a very fine job on this.

Like NIck the way you did the staining would be of interest.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Barney

It is the shed at the end of your road !!! If it is a model well what can I say my only words are I surrender - absolutely amazing  stuff with inspiration - please yes tell us something about your techniques
Barney
Russ - why is it that this forum keeps coming up with some of the most amazing modellers ?
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Barney, the forum's success in attracting talent is due entirely to the talent and attitude of its members. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Amazing work! I especially like the coloration of the wood, it's extremely lifelike.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Beautiful work! Fun to study.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Bernhard

Robert, this is really an extraordinary example of wood work. And I especially like the ropes, very realistic.

Bernhard

Hydrostat

Robert,

very well done. I like the corrugated roof with the rusted/broken edge. What was your approach to that result?

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

Hi Robert.
Great wood grain.
cheers