• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Spares or repairs

Started by Barney, January 26, 2020, 10:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

A start of a new project !  A De Winton vertical boiler loco "of a sort" - a small diorama 1/24th scale -18in gauge (On3 bits)
I have found a few odd bods of this loco -One called "Arthur" water tank in centre and engine on the end and using a jack shaft drive
another (unnamed ) wheels inboard and 18in gauge and converted to run on Oil using a marine engine and a few others with that many different changes and modifications -so this will do me a small critter from the Huffikins workshops
photo 1 - A prototype
          2   the main components  water tank /fuel tank /engine side plates cylinder block /crank and reversing lever /boiler and nearly ready for detailing nuts / bolts /rivets

Barney

photo 2

Barney

photo 3 underside showing cog drive and wheels

Barney

photo 4 trial fit of parts
Barney

finescalerr

Your usual superbly clean and accurate construction. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

Les Tindall

Great stuff!, add rust and there's a superb little diorama piece. As Russ said your work is always very sharp and clean looking.
Les

Barney

Vertical boiler loco ended up with the Marine engine version and gear driven - Nuts /bolts and rivets now added - but still finding more - bits removed and corrosion / rust added most parts just trial fitted (to aid painting - some just leaning) ready for the paint shop and the ditch were it will end its life  with the weeds   
Barney

Barney

end view

Barney

other side

Barney

other end

Barney

looking down

Bill Gill

Nice clean work, except for all the corrosion which looks...corroded.
Someday I need to build an HO scale small steam launch. I'm marking this thread as reference.

Ray Dunakin

Excellent! How did you create the corroded appearance?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World