• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

If you add an Ice Cream Cart, the young girl with the pained expression can be crying because the vendor is out of her favorite flavor.  The little garden in front of the tattoo parlor is a nice touch.

finescalerr

Change the tattoo parlor (yuck!) to a house of ill repute. Then add the fountain and ice cream cart. Fun for the whole family! -- ssuR

1-32

yes, the little girl is getting a bit of exposure I am getting some new figures to suit my semi-retired attitude.
I like the ice cream, hot dog, Asian street food or any other items on wheels don't get me started
.my modeling is getting fast and more idea based I hope you don't mind.
old school using basic tools and materials with very little technology.
so anything that takes more than one week to finish is too long for me. if I like it a lot I usually will come back and change it later.
cheers Kim

Lawton Maner

Just for Russ put a sign over the Tattoo sign which says: "Thongs and less" and maybe he will be quiet for a day or two.

Design-HSB

HI Kim, then I am happy with you about your retirement and the free time gained. I, in particular, eagerly await your new modelling.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Good idea, Lawton. Glad I thought of it!

Kim, keep building, stay creative, and continue posting. You're an inspiration.

Russ

Lawton Maner

Then there could be an English phone box.  And, if it were a police call box you could travel the galaxy in it.   ;D ;D ;D

1-32

or travel around the world in hours instead of days.

1-32

Hi, all I should move on onto cars and planes maybe next week. but I have all ways liked boats little boats made for lagoons and canals this one will go to South Creek. paper shell clad in thin wood finished with watercolor.
cheers Kim

finescalerr

I like it.

Forget cars and planes. Try satellites and missiles and special effects! Beauty, artistry, and the sublime don't sell.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi, all please accept the very best for the new year from sunny, hot,  Dee Why beach,16 k north of  Sydney.cheers.
the 2 major changes that I have been working on are the new roofline and my Jurassic banans tree for that location in that corner. i like both features and as usual completely removable so that in the future changes can be made. materials paper a bit of styrene and a bit of wood-painted

finescalerr

So far you have improved everything even though it looked quite good before. The new roof makes a noticeable difference. Maybe tone down the streaks on the banana leaves with pastel chalk? I like that little courtyard. Too bad it's for a tawdry little tattoo parlor. -- Russ

Lawton Maner

What, no bananas on the tree?

1-32

Hi Russ and Lawton.
yes with the banana tree I will go back and update my reference there is one up the road. Airbrush is my favorite method of color correction. I think this is the 5 version of the courtyard and it is getting better with each rebuild but I will leave it and now go back to the industrial area, left the side of the display.
there is an old trick of building a lot of highly detailed scenes in a small area.
with South Creek, there are 4 so far from left to right. industrial, commercial, railway and the little port, all have the potential to be developed in the future.
cheers Kim