• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much!  I haven't been doing much modeling lately, so I have to milk my old stuff for all it's worth  ::)

I am sure someone somewhere has already figured out scale rain 'cause Iv'e seen the mud!

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Quote from: Chuck Doan on May 20, 2013, 08:48:52 AM
Thanks very much!  I haven't been doing much modeling lately, so I have to milk my old stuff for all it's worth  ::)

I am sure someone somewhere has already figured out scale rain 'cause Iv'e seen the mud!

Don't worry , Chuck . You take a well earned break . Young Marc will fill in whilst you are resting . He seems to be very motivated at the moment . Well , the competition room at the next Narrow Gauge Convention is calling him .

Nick

finescalerr

We should expect very little from the NG Convention. Don't forget, those are the folks who were incapable of awarding Chuck prizes for the Red Oak Garage and a gorgeous little locomotive maintenance facility; who eschewed Mic Greenberg's first diorama in 30 years (not even a mention); and who gave a Bachmann geared loco with garish rusty weathering, chains, and antlers first place over Mal Ferrell's scratchbuilt Mich-Cal Shay!

Yes, the good ol' National Narrow Gauge Convention certainly has degenerated over the past 15 years.

Russ

michael mott

Sounds like you're not too impressed sir.

Michael

marc_reusser

Quote from: shropshire lad on May 20, 2013, 09:44:33 AM

He seems to be very motivated at the moment . Well , the competition room at the next Narrow Gauge Convention is calling him .

Nick

??????????.  Not for a $90 registration fee it's not. .....but maybe it would be worth it to get a chance say no to the Gazette (I enjoyed it last time.)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

That is correct ... up to a point. While I am not impressed with either the convention or all contest results, sometimes the best models really do win. On the other hand I'm afraid Marc may enter models better than anything else in the room and fail to earn Best of Show.

If there is a silver lining, it is that I have published photos of the best models (those that should have won) and more people have seen and appreciated them than could attend any three conventions!

I love it when a plan comes together....

Russ

michael mott

Russ said
QuoteI love it when a plan comes together...

Ah yes! It is music when that happens.

Michael