• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

gadget of the month

Started by Barney, April 03, 2021, 02:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

No before that.  He didn't want to make mud pies like the rest of the children.  Being a precocious child he wanted to make something useful from the mud.  And, if we keep this up, we'll be banned to our corners. 

Barney

Bottle tops - insulating tape - blocks of wood - does the high altitude of the USA have some weird effect on ones mind - hope you use the glue in a well ventilated  room
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

finescalerr

Nick lives in Great Britain, not the U.S. His only excuse is that he's a goofball. He also used to build some terrific models but I think that's back when he was in therapy. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on April 11, 2021, 12:36:55 PM
Nick lives in Great Britain, not the U.S. His only excuse is that he's a goofball. He also used to build some terrific models but I think that's back when he was in therapy. -- Russ

Goofball ? You say the sweetest things .  Still in therapy , model in progress .

Nick

Lawton Maner

I'm the one using cast offs to support my work! Every thing I use that otherwise would end up in the skip is a tiny bit of green in my pocket.  The uninformed need to ask another Yank what the phrase "squeeze the fertilizer out of the nickel before spending it" means because that illustrates my attitude on the reuse of stuff.

Barney

Lawton many a true word spoken - I still Hoard or a better word collect "you never know that could be useful one day "  After downsizing our house I have become a little more tidier - but some things just had to go - I mean what do you do with a 1955 rear Lens for a Sunbeam Rapier car (sold it on EBAY)
So now every off-cut of Evergreen goes into a box easy to get at and probably my first option before opening a new Pack - the same goes for Off cuts of Plastic card
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Barney

Stuart McPherson

Barney

Plastic Card off cuts - one thing its import to have easy access to these bits otherwise you will never use them
Barney
Stuart McPherson

Lawton Maner

Barney:

Good start!  Now go anal and sort the bins by size so that you don't have to look to hard to find the right piece.

I am using the cores from cash register rolls to make pipe loads and the inner needle cover from my Insulin to make traffic cones!  If I can figure out how to get pictures from my camera to the computer and size them I might show you.