• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Wagons

Started by Scratchman, April 14, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

WoW!  That's a wonderful model. I particularly love the simple elegant and thin-profile wheels. Are those scratchbuilt, 3D printed, or what? How do you make them?
Carlo

Barney

Mind Blowing - exceptional workmanship
Barney 
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

greenie

Making Scale Model Wooden Spoked Wheels.

This just ONE way of making them, others have different ideas than this lot, so it IS NOT the one and only way. If anybody has other ideas about making wooded spoked wheels for models then please let me know, always interested in other ideas, never know I might even swipe them for my own use, eh. :-)

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

This must be at least the third time you've answered the question of how you build wheels. Last time you posted a link and I saved the step by step as a PDF. It is the same but much shorter than what you have posted here. Thank you for the extra photos and info. -- Russ

greenie

Russ, I have attempted to show Carlo a couple of times via Facebook, but I don't think he is on Facebook, as he keeps asking about it. So hopefully Carlo can now see, how I actually make them. :-)

Carlo

I got the SBS this time. Thank you for posting... again.
Sorry I missed it before.
Carlo

greenie

Carlo, spero che ora tu possa vedere di cosa si tratta e realizzerai ruote in legno a raggi con scala?

Carlo

Greenie, Si Grazie mille!

Actually, I'm Italian-American and live in the USA.
Carlo

greenie

A 1/12th scale model of a Mutton Truck, original working drawing posted in "The Australasian Coachbuilder and Wheelwright" February 1904. Found a picture marked as a 'Beef Cart', from the Victorian State Library and thought those carcasses are NOT BEEF at all. I seemed to remember that I had a drawing, similar to this so called 'Beef Cart' and lo and behold, it turns out it is actually a picture of a Mutton Truck with sheep carcasses being loaded from an abattoir in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia.

Figured it would make an unusual model so why not , eh.
Not your everyday 'sulky/buggy/waggon' at all, but then again, it was actually a vehicle that was used and is part of history.

Finished the Mutton Truck months ago and then went looking for sheep carcasses, found a 3D model and then had three different sizes made, then had them cast from resin. This took a while, but eventually all the ducks were lined up and here it is.

Sorry, could not supply the smell, or, get the flies for you, eh. :-)

Ray Dunakin

Now that is something different! Very nice!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

A truly superb and unusual model. Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Les Tindall

I guess "sheep carcasses" don't crop up often in 3D models!  Must have taken some searching but the result is well worth it. Brilliant! 
Les

greenie

Sheep carcasses in 3D form are about as rare as "rockin' horse turds", took two of us quite a while before one even came up in a google search. Eventually found about 3 or 4 and this one I had moulded, was the only one that even looked about right. :-)

Stuart

Greenie, your work is stunning.