• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Wagons

Started by Scratchman, April 14, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Another 1/12th scale model, this time it is a Brisbane Sulky, so named because of it was very popular in Brisbane Qld as it was easy to enter and exit the vehicle with the way the shafts were bent. The bent shafts go from the tip, right thru to the rear as one piece, which makes it different to a Bent Shaft Sulky. Made once again from the drawings of J.E.Bishop, printed in The Australasian Coachbuilder & Wheelwright, June 1911. The scroll work I swiped from a vehicle that Ian Stewart-Koster lined many years ago, made the scrolls on the ALPS MD5500 as decals.

Design-HSB

My greatest respect for your extraordinary model making.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Another remarkable work of art. (But again you uploaded linked images and eventually they will disappear, resulting in great loss to all of us.) -- Russ

greenie

Russ, when I try to reduce the size of the photos, they then become about the size of thumbnails and become useless to look at for detail.

Is there a way to reduce the size of the photo, to the req 230KB max and keep the size of the photo as is, namely a large photo?

Bill Gill

Is there a way to reduce the size of the photo, to the req 230KB max and keep the size of the photo as is, namely a large photo?

Greenie, the short answer is yes, but it depends on what software you have. I can change the size and the resolution of photos independently.
Do you have a way to see what the resolution of your photos are? If you can make the resolution 72 dpi you should be able to post them larger than thumbnails.
Others can help with more specifics, I'm not sure about the exact how.

Another option that I see, but don't know how to implement is the ability to poat a photo on the forum and the viewer can click on it to enlarge it. here's an example:
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3031.0
Even those enlargements aren't as big as your photos in your thread, but may Ray Dunakin can help explain how he posts larger photos?

greenie

Thank you Bill, I'll give it a try and see what eventuates.

Ray Dunakin

Beautiful work as always!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Peter_T1958

Hi greenie

What a beauty, your Sulky. The dimensions, the colors - everything in perfect harmony ! A piece of art indeed !
And at the first glance I had a "deja-vu" experience. No, no, I don't want to hijack your thread here, but those carriages I had seen some years ago,
when I researched the fate of that heavy monster in the foreground.
As you live in Brisbane, I believe you know the story behind that photo here (And there are such Sulkies in the background?) ...

Kind regards
Peter
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

Barney

Bill - so when you go into Photos (I also have a Mac OSX) Thats the photos that comes with the Mac as standard -where is this Preview Button Perhaps it me But can not find it anywhere !!!
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Barney

And I forgot to say - Your models are of the Highest Quality and the building of them true excellence of art - just keep them coming
Barney   
Stuart McPherson

Bill Gill

Barney - to avoid hijacking Greenie's thread here, I made a new post about finding and using
PREVIEW on a Mac here:
http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=3064.0

Hope it helps. If you have questions, I'll do my best to answer them there.

Barney

Thanks Greenie for the email very useful
And Thanks Bill for the "article" I can now go out to play
Barney
Stuart McPherson

greenie

Here's a little bit of true blue Australiana, I doubt if anybody from overseas will know about the name Furphy and just what it means to an Australian.

It is a 1/9th scale model of a Number 4 Furphy Water Cart.
Furphy has a number system for all the different Water Carts that they used to make, they used the same barrel, but put it on different sized carts, hence the number system to identify each different type when ordered.

The reason I have gone to 1/9th scale is because I bought a miniature cast brass water tank end from Furphy's of Shepparton. Didn't take me long and I now have as many end caps as I need, all made from cast resin.

I contacted Furphy's from Shepparton and they very kindly sent me the working drawings for this No 4 Cart, so this is what eventuated.

Being a No 4, it has the larger spoked wheels, 3'3'' with a 3.5" wide rim, spokes are made from steel rod, with small cast iron hub fittings, for the spokes and steel rim to attach it all together.

Drew it all to size and then made it from that drawing.

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Excellent!

What is the purpose of the little "horn" on the spigot?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World