• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

flat pack in 1-35 scale and dapto dogs.

Started by 1-32, June 25, 2015, 03:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Excellent, Kim. Keep the photos coming please.
Carlo

mabloodhound

Wait until airline security x-rays that and sees all the metal wires (RR track).  Air terminal building will be evacuated, etc. etc. ::)

Nice work Kim.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

1-32

yes-  airport security my opion the more the better .there are too may fools who want to kill innocent people in the world.basically i can not take into the cabin too much metal or controllers.it might get through once or twice but then you might hit a tight stop and you are stuck.also when you they inspect your bags you don't do the unpacking it is done by a pair of extra big hands that have not been trained for delicate detail.the more i build the more the model is being split up.the security sensitive parts into hold in a hard shell case ,these will be protected by custom designed panels that will absorb too much vibration.the very delicate non security items with me.
really you would have to be a bit of a nut to worry so much but part of it with me is that i look at it as a part project in logistics ,sure if you had heaps of money all this packing would not be a problem like he shipping of paintings .but i dont have a lot of money -
cheers kim

1-32

hi all.
my little loco-Dapto is finished again 1-35 scale running on 9 mm track.finished size 43 mm long 25 mm wide and 55 mm heigh.
cheers and all the best.

finescalerr

Satisfactory. What a charismatic little critter. -- Russ

1-32

yes Russ something to fit in your coat pocket.

Design-HSB

Hi Kim, then congratulations on the successful small Freelance model.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi all
i just looked at my first posting about the flat pack-Dapto it was about 1 year ago i feel that it will be finished Febuary next year.
so.
i have  filled in all the gaps of late-cover for the dock area and resin water-now the detail ,backdrop[this will be the top of the traveling box].the box section in the water is where a work barge will be moored.total 5 pieces now and adding
cheers kim.

Barney

Very nice  - its got atmosphere and its "different "
Barney

finescalerr

I agree, and I'm glad the tracks don't run in a circle this time. The current effect is more credible. -- Russ

1-32

hi ray and russ how are you all.
one of the big problem of all this small base board large scale stuff is getting a good track layout.the passing loop is the basic- using 9 mm gauge helps in getting it all to fit.
cheers kim

1-32

good morning all.
work on the Dapto traveling model continues.there have been 3 new developments of late.
1-i have started work on the work barge .this vessel covers the ply wood insert in the resin water.this is a little barge more of the tender design that would have been a work station.water side construction  companies typically used this size of vessel.wood and styrene so far.
2-i have changed the layout of the buildings at the back.when i looked at the original design it was getting looking very rectangular .to change this i broke the row of buildings and took away the bushes and made it into a court yard .this also has another purpose to show off my'"ice" delivery push bike ,more detail will be added but the concept works.
3-the start of the backdrop 4 mm plywood.will be painted also duel purpose.the 2 purpose top of traveling box inner protection.the 2 layers of protection area the hard shell carry on size suit case with the inner shell made of ply and padding it should work.
cheers.

finescalerr