• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Maritime Modeling / Re: Sternwheel engines
Last post by Stuart - June 17, 2024, 09:32:56 PM
Terrific work here Les and a unique project.

Stuart
Last post by Bill Gill - June 17, 2024, 06:02:42 PM
Les, rather: More. Definitely like seeing your work.
Last post by Barney - June 17, 2024, 02:15:45 PM
Nice colours - very realistic  So what do you reckon on another 3 years for the dock area looking forward to it
Barney
Last post by Les Tindall - June 17, 2024, 01:52:22 PM
Sorry Uncle Russ. I'll write out 100 times, "post more often" 😉 l
Last post by Peter_T1958 - June 17, 2024, 12:14:13 PM
What a wonderful modelling subject, masterly realised! There is so much to be discovered while exploring your photos!!!
Last post by finescalerr - June 17, 2024, 11:29:08 AM
Les, go stand in the corner for failing to show us your progress on that terrific model more often. -- Russ
Last post by Bernhard - June 17, 2024, 08:06:58 AM
This is a really great model. I like it.

Bernhard
Modellers At Work / Re: Sandy Hollow
Last post by 1-32 - June 17, 2024, 03:40:14 AM
hi Russ and Ray.
Russ, it is more try and error than planning.
Sure I draw it out and base it around a 1.8 or a 6-foot person but it is not very comprehensive. After the size is determined, sketches are used.
I make many mistakes but it works in the end.
I had no idear that I would go down this rabbit hole till a while ago I walked past the reference picture and was inspired by the village atmosphere of the area where I live 100 years ago. Believe me, it is nothing like that anymore.
The finishes are different, not much weathering solid colours and most of the materials are right off the shelf of a good art store. Different types of paper when you look there is a lot to choose from.
All the very best
Last post by Les Tindall - June 17, 2024, 02:15:06 AM
Still at it- 3 years now!  Plumbing now completed on the Ruston Grab Crane and installed on the boat. Just adding a few bits and pieces now then I'll start on the quayside it will be moored against.
Les
General Forums / Re: Starting in unfamiliar med...
Last post by greenie - June 17, 2024, 12:04:31 AM
Hi Bill, sent you a B-I-G Pdf on FaceBook Messenger.