• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Another inspirational post. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

Today we continue with small pieces. The roll holders should receive on each side three M0.6mm screws (wrench size = 1.0mm) on the inclined surfaces.

For this I have drawn small drilling jigs and milled from 3.0mm and 4.0mm brass material.
During drilling, the small roll holders are aligned at right angles to the drill and get the correct distances through the pre-drilled template.

Bohrschablone-Rollenhalter_01 (fspg2)

Bohrschablone-Rollenhalter_03 (fspg2)

On the miniature vise, the jigs were always brought into the same position by a stop.

Bohrschablone-Rollenhalter_05 (fspg2)

Bohrschablone-Rollenhalter_06 (fspg2)

Frithjof

fspg2

The first float roller has swum free, so that the remaining three rollers can also be soldered together.

Although it was already predictable in CAD, I am always happy again when the milled and assembled parts mesh together just as well.

Schwimmer_Laufrolle_07 (fspg2)

Schwimmer_Laufrolle_08 (fspg2)

Schwimmer_Laufrolle_09 (fspg2)

Schwimmer_Laufrolle_10 (fspg2)

As a precaution, the roller has some play on the side in its axis to compensate for any assembly errors.

Schwimmer_Laufrolle_11 (fspg2)

Frithjof

Bill Gill

This just keeps getting better and better. Sort of like fractals in that the closer you get the details just keep going on and on.

finescalerr

I doubt any other hobbyist on the planet is working on a comparable project. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

This is so far, far, beyond amazing!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

I know this excellent project, even from my own point of view and I am glad to be able to support Frithjof a little bit.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

SandiaPaul

I have to agree with Russ, this is truly outstanding.
Paul

Barney

Speechless  big time !
Barney

1-32

fspg2

Thanks a lot, guys!

After just under three weeks, the two small linear guides (MGN7H 7mm) have arrived from China today.

Tauchglocke_34 (fspg2)

Tauchglocke_35 (fspg2)

In reviews there were very different opinions to read - from positive to bad rollable.
I do not regret the 13,00 €/piece. A little oil and a few movements back and forth made the sled easy to slip.

They have a length of 200mm. In order to get the required travel distance for the stem rod of approx. 180mm, the carriage must be able to drive to both ends of the guide rail.

However, I have only 185mm available between the wall and the cylinder.
Therefore, I will relocate the tubes for the submerged cylinder in the same distance as the required space. I hope none of you betray me.  :)

Tauchglocke_36 (fspg2)

Alternatively, I could also take such rods as I used for the lifting cylinders - half way, twice the lifting height. Let's see, where I can get such parts in "small":

Hubmechanismus_01 (fspg2)

Frithjof

finescalerr

I have run out of hyperbolic expressions of praise. Forgive me. -- Russ

Kevin Sikorsky

Every so often I have to shake my head and reconsider what's going on, here. It's a scale model, I tell myself. It's not real world, full scale engineering. And it takes me a while to believe that. So I read some of the notated sizes again, like 2mm holes, or 60mm bracket, etc. That helps me re-establish the sense of scale.  And even that doesn't work every time. I still think, 60"mm" ?? That can't be right. It must be 60cm, or maybe 6m?? Things like the red LEGO boat are very helpful because it brings me back to my sense of 1:1. ;D It's really exciting to watch your steps.  They begin to give me some understanding of your methods and abilities. Wow. Really cool.

fspg2

Hello,

Russ it is forgiven! :)
Thanks to Kevin!

After a long time it goes a little further here.

A colleague from the German Buntbahnforum had linked a picture of the prototype from the ballast wagon from Glossen.
My started replica model (07/29/2018) was already some time in the cabinet and gazed me always, ...so I built a little bit further last weekend.

For the lower funnel end the square "box" was drawn as a flat pattern and milled out.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_17 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_18 (fspg2)

A small 0.3mm nickel silver sheet was machined from two sides.

1) First, I milled a 0.5mm recess into a Pertinax plate.
2) Then the nickel silver sheet was glued with double-sided adhesive film (Gudy 870).
3) Four 2.0mm holes position the metal sheet when it is congruently machined from the back.
4) On the front, the two 1.0mm holes were drilled for the pivot axis of the flap and the three 0.14mm deep V-grooves were milled to bend the side walls.
5) The sheet was carefully removed from the bond and pasted the previously machined side with Gudy 870 and pressed with four 2.0mm rivets aligned.
6) The lower edge received a 0.15mm recess. This sits later during assembly inside the funnel.
7) Finally, the outer contour of the bending part was milled with a 0.5mm cutter.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_19 (fspg2)

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_20 (fspg2)

A small assembly aid consisting of two 5.0mm Pertinax plates is used for exact alignment with soldering on the funnel.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_21 (fspg2)

Before bending, the sheet was annealed with the flame.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_22 (fspg2)

The wagon frame was soldered from 5.0mm x 3.0mm U-profile.

Feldbahn-Schotterwagen_23 (fspg2)
Frithjof