• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A neat Swedish On3 layout

Started by lenelg, December 31, 2014, 12:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenelg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6rDNUgIHPk&feature=em-upload_owner

A neat little On3 layout, created by Swedish modelers Torbjörn Holmberg and Anders Bondesson. A glimpse of rural Sweden in the early 1950´s.

Design-HSB

Very interesting video with interesting tricks video, where, for example, real smoke and people were employed in the appropriate size.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

artizen

Despite the coarse track standards and lack of crew in the locos, this has a real atmosphere about it. A believable little place to get lost in. Thanks for posting this.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Mr Potato Head

Very Clever
I've never seen anyone do that before
Bravo
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Hauk

Quote from: artizen on December 31, 2014, 03:35:13 PM
Despite the coarse track standards and lack of crew in the locos, this has a real atmosphere about it. A believable little place to get lost in. Thanks for posting this.

Very nice video. I agree that the ghost trains with no crew is a bit spooky, but there is nothing coarse about the track standard. The layout uses H0 scale Rp-25 wheels, me thinks, so while it is not exactly fine scale, it is far from coarse scale.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Very nice! It's a great looking layout. The live-action characters were subtle enough to add interest without being distracting. The smoke and steam was less effective, but of course it's a much more difficult thing to pull off successfully -- I applaud the effort.

I also got a kick out of the humorous ending.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

I like the overall atmosphere of the layout - thanks for posting! The prototype sounds still work best of the different 'tricks' in my opinion (I'm sure the makers don't really think their steam and the inserted persons look deceptively realistic, too, and maybe less was more here ::)), but the track gives it away for me at the latest. It isn't so much the coarseness in it's detailing with the missing nails (I'm sure there were railways with nailed track - without plates), but there are so many unmotivated curves in opposite directions and changes of radius within one curve. In German we would call this "Verniedlichung" and I'm not quite sure if the translation 'minimization' boils it down to an essence. Anyway - it would be interesting to see some outside daylight pics of the layout.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

mabloodhound

The added Photoshop animations were quite good except a number of the men had the same runny nose and bad cough.
Engineers missing from the cab is one of my pet peeves and really should be there in this high quality layout.
Nice ending with the animation added.
;D
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mr Potato Head

comment and critique all you want ......
you watched to the end, it captivated you :o
It was intriguing to me
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho