• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Train Stop 1:87

Started by MrBrownstone, November 01, 2009, 02:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Paul, Mt. Albert still has all those qualities.

I stopped by the LHS today to try and do the comparison, but they no longer carry Kappler or Northwest.....the they were fully stocked on the Mt. Albert, but the only other stuff they had was from Northwest, and it was their "shapes" (L, C, H, Z channels/beams)......and I can honestly say just looking at it in the the package the N.W. was horrible.....dimensionally inconsist., really bad open and coarse grain, lots of fuzz, and even some splitting.  I didn't buy it because I couldn't do a "true" comparison , since Mt. A. did not have the shapes.

I will dig through my bins and containers of stripwood, and see if I have some I can use to compare.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

Why not purchase on THE SAME DAY with each manufacturer a couple of packages. Ship it to the experts and they will publish EXCLUSIVELY for FinescaleRR their findings  ;D ;D

Russ will gladly pay for such a priceless article.......

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

Jacq, go stand in the corner. -- Russ