• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Tower Skidders and loaders

Started by PuckHog, March 15, 2009, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuckHog

Couple more....Randy

PuckHog

Last one....next need to build some rr cars to supply the skidder....Thanks,  Randy

LLOYD

Howdy,

superbe!!!!
Very realistic logging field !
In a next time I post a Lidgerwood diorama and Spar tree !
Sincerely

Lloyd

PuckHog

Thanks Lloyd,  Look forward to your photos!.....Randy

marc_reusser

I finally dug out my images of the tipped/collapsed Universal Loader.....(in doing so I also found a box with a couple hundred more photos, that I had forgotten I had...woo-hoo!)

The comapny is Weed Lumber Co., in Northern California, and the year is 1914.
The first two images show the loader being erected in the field. Note in the first image the boiler at the right; it seems to have been coated in white lead, or asbestos for shipping.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

These two images are after the collapse.
Note in the upper image that steam and dust are still hanging in the air, and the locomotive is still coupled to the log train (red arrow), this photo must have been taked almost immediately, or very shortly after the collapse. The second image shows the loader from the rear, likely a few days later.

M

[EDIT:  Having a Brain-fart/Senior-Moment today.......The 4 images are tagged/noted "Lidgerwood"....I should have written "CLYDE" Universal Loader.]

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

LLOYD

Thank you Marc for this very interesting photo of Clyde Universal Logger, with some good details!

Sincerely!

Lloyd

marc_reusser

Lloyd,

Glad they were of interest. I have a front view of her on her also. If you are interested I can scan & post it as well.

Marc

M-Works

LLOYD

Marc,

other photos of Clyde details is always interesting, with, I can probably see some mistakes on my HO model!
I don't think built a second model for now!
Sincerely!

Lloyd