• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Tower Skidders and loaders

Started by PuckHog, March 15, 2009, 09:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuckHog

CHB Models provided lots of good stuff along with a host of other manufactures parts....Randy

PuckHog

This project took alot of pipe fittings, valves and other goodies.....Randy

PuckHog

The tower was made up of brass I-beams and brass stock soldered together for strength then plastic lattice work added....Randy

PuckHog

The crane kits and Central Valley bridge parts contributed most of the lattice work with some scratch built if I couldn't find something that fit right ....Randy

PuckHog

Jacq ...Most of the rivets were parts from Grantline ( gondola end plates ?)  .....

PuckHog

Or embossed with a pounse tool on brass shim stock or sheet styrene.....

PuckHog

The gears were a big part of the models appearance so I tried to get them as close as possible to the real thing. After locating a gear that was the right size I would often have to "dress it up". This photo of parts for another machine that I'm building uses this process.  The solid gear casting on the upper left is from the CHB kit. After removing the plain center portion a Grantline cable sheeve casting with nice webbing detail is inserted then nbw castings can be added if needed......

PuckHog

The model, Jacq, is very! big even in HO...Thanks,  Randy

PuckHog

it was important that the cable used would be strong enough to be rigged for display yet be scale in size with no fuzzing......Randy

PuckHog

Top of mast with most of the rigging in place....Randy

PuckHog

The product I used was "Metalic Thread from a craft store. Comes in various sizes with a good multistrand appearance.   Randy

LLOYD

Hello Randy

There I really am very impressed by the quality of your work!
I have already make some HO models of Clyde Universal Ground Skidder and Clyde Double End , well done, but not of such a level!
Super work !
Sincerely!

Lloyd

PuckHog

Thanks Lloyd, I'm very impressed with your work!  Please post pics of your stuff here, also maybe more shots of your working  loading scene? ......  Randy

LLOYD

Thanks Randy,
well,

enclosed this photo of a Clyde Universal Ground Skidder, scratchbuilt in HO !
I make this with only two photos from the Website Steam in the Wood of Marc Russer!
Also, maybe is not perfect! I've no plan for built this model !

Lloyd

LLOYD

I'm make this diorama for my friend Guy J Tyteca of Belgium !
For the Clyde I used some styren part from Evergreen, volmer and same part of bridge for the boom, that you used also on your wonderful model !

Sincerely!

Lloyd