• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Yet another machine shop

Started by PuckHog, March 09, 2009, 06:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuckHog

Just about ready tp plant....Randy

PuckHog

First customer......Randy

PuckHog

Another shot....Randy

PuckHog

In its place......Randy

danpickard

Fuel stand looks cool Randy.  The timber has come up really well, and I like the fine details like the drip can hanging under the tap.  Whole thing seems to sit nicely in the scene too.  The sag and shape on the hose has also landed well.  Often see a few of these done where they still look a little stiff,  Nice work.

Dan
Oh, and thanks for the other pics of the layout, looks like it will make for some enjoyable running and viewing when its done.

lab-dad

That's a really nice scene!
The fuel drum installed by the door.
-Marty

PuckHog

Dan,  Thanks as always for your kind words....

Marty, You also ....  Have not done this before where you show your stuff online and  want to say thanks for the encouragement!!.....Randy

PuckHog

Have been trying out some tips for metal finishing gleaned from Marc Reusser's past postings and then visting the mig forum(those folks know how to paint and finish!!!). The boiler is from Weiseman and is what you would expect from the V&T Shops kits.  I went this route thinking the short boiler fit in better.  After having to redo most of the castings or replace with CHB stuff I gotta rethink this.  Putting it back in the scene after finishing I realized I forgot to fill the seams on the steam dome/stack and the boiler( just love this taking pictures when it shows me up!)  Oh well ,more to fix later.

One other fix will be to change to wood for the fuel source, after all it is a logging line.

PuckHog

Photo #2

PuckHog

Last photo.......Randy

finescalerr

Randy, your modeling and layout are of publication quality. Please let me know when you are ready to appear in a book. --  Russ

lucas gargoloff

Looks very nice Randy!! I bought some little stuffs from Keith Wiseman, great things! I like yout rust bareel, how do you do this? With powders?
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

PuckHog

Hi Guys,   Thank you Russ, I would be honored.....(Its going kinda slow!)

Lucas,  Yes it is powder for final coat. As I said earlier I'm learning from others here. I base coat with black enamel then wash and sponge paint with acryics.  I use "Citadel Colors" because they have a good range in the browns, greys and yellows. Most important my  hobby shop stocks them!!  .....Randy

PuckHog

One more.....Randy

lucas gargoloff

Thanks Randy, tonight will do some test with my powders and your tips.
Thanks again!
Lucas (still mude after seeing your H0n3 project)
Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina