• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Type-F rotary couplers in 1:29

Started by Burl, April 08, 2017, 05:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Burl

I hooked them up to a rotisserie and shot some video.  First time I think I've tried something like this, so it may be a little rough.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Burl, Bravo! That turned out really well!
I am not very familiar with casting techniques. When a lost wax mold is made the wax master is burned away and/or absorbed into the plaster mold when the molten metal is poured in, but the plaster mold can be used only once because it is broken later to get the metal casting. How were your wax masters turned into molds? Can the molds be used more than once? (Sorry for the novice level question on such a high level project, but got to start learning somewhere).

Burl

I had some time to work on the yoke drawing for the non-rotary end.  This will eliminate a couple steps of assembly.

Burl

Bill: I'm having my drawings printed at Shapeways in their "Frosted Ultra Detail", and then making an RTV mold from that.  I have a wax injector here, so I'm shooting my own waxes, and sending them to a foundry for investment casting.