• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

What I've been up to

Started by TRAINS1941, October 11, 2013, 09:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Just so you know I really do model.  And to make sure Nick & Marc don't think I'm pulling there legs. ;D  I've posted a few pictures of what I've been working on.
One other thing the doors and chutes do work!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

TRAINS1941

Another picture or two.
George Carlin

finescalerr

Nice work. Good to see you're working on something. (My current project is trying to learn SketchUp. Ugh.) -- Russ

Chuck Doan

I was glad to see this on RR line. I'm glad your getting something done. Very nice, clean construction.

Working parts are not easy, and harder still to keep things looking in scale. NIce!

What is this going to go with?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

Very nice , Jerry . Just remind me . Who are you getting to do your modelling these days ?

Well , you obviously don't have the time yourself , seeing as you have to do all that lounging around on the beach every day . And I know that wears you out .

Seriously , keep up the good work , Old Bean . I'll look in again in a year or two to see how you are getting on ,

Nick

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Well, first I though this must be a spam thread.....but then after recovering from falling out of my chair, I can Second Chuck's comments.  :)

Look forward to seeing more.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Thanks guys it's appreciated.

Marc hope you didn't get hurt in the fall.

Nick I'll try to be back in a week or two! :D

Jerry
George Carlin

TRAINS1941

Well it was longer than two weeks but I did finish it.  Learned a lot doing this build.  And hopefully my next project will be much better.  So here is the finished product.

Jerry

George Carlin

chester

Nice job with that Jerry. Weathering??

Ray Dunakin

Looks good. What's the scale?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Stoker

Very nice work. Reminds me of the Rio Grande Southern coal tipple at Vance Junction. Some of that structure is still standing today.
Regards, James                        Modeling in 1:48 after a lengthy bout of Scalatosis Indecisivis

finescalerr

Jerry, next time you photograph the model, take it outside if you can. Your camera was on "sunlight" mode but you shot the model under incandescent lights. That's why it is so yellow-orange overall. I took the image into Photoshop and got a better idea of its overall colors but was unable to bring out the subtleties. Even so, the model looked twice as good. -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Thanks guys.

Ray it's O-Scale.

Chester I really didn't try to weather I wanted a brand new in use Bin.
Next one I do will try to weather some more.

Your right Russ I took it in doors and the lighting was piss poor.
I'll try one outside in the sunshine (if it ever comes back)!!!!

Jerry
George Carlin