• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Work in progress...

Started by W.P. Rayner, May 30, 2011, 11:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Quote from: mad gerald on June 06, 2011, 04:05:31 AM
... or may be a BBQ or a raclette ...  ???  ::)

MMMM....raclette....I could use some of that right now.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: lab-dad on June 06, 2011, 08:16:49 AM
Oh, now I see!
Simple;
A quadrilateral indexing shift solenoid for a 1927 Lake Thorogood speed throttle on a Buick straight eight engine.
Why didnt I see it earlier ???
-Marty
What do i win?

Ohhh Marty... so close, but nah! And as for you espresso drinking barbequers... not even close, though, with adaptive reuse it is conceivable that it could be used for either purpose...  ;)

Paul

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: Mobilgas on June 06, 2011, 02:44:15 PM
I think i know what it is....  but im not saying  ;D

When you figure it out Craig, let me know. I'm getting confused now...  :)

Paul

finescalerr

Now it looks more like a throttle or whatever those lever gadgets are in steam locos. But I probably won't recognize it with certaintly unless it wears a thong bikini. -- Russ

artizen

I didn't think of the thongs but I hope it makes a damn good cappuccino when it's finished!!!

I still think it has whispers of a diesel loco cab control.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

eTraxx

Those throng bikini wearers also have a throttle .. but doesn't look like that ....
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

TRAINS1941

If you don't talk, will put you through the thing-a-ma-bob.  And you'll be left without a doo-hickey!!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

james_coldicott

Tired of standing in 'the corner' Paul is working on a new punishment device...

These are the cooling rod controls that manage the reactor that powers 'Pauls Patented Orgasmatron'

No? Okay I'm off to the corner again then!

James

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: james_coldicott on June 08, 2011, 12:39:02 AM
Tired of standing in 'the corner'...
James

I"m afraid I must correct you there James. I no longer stand in the corner. Being a permanent resident of that locale I installed a comfy chair and drinks trolley, all protected by velvet ropes and various dire-warning signs. Unfortunately, my negotiations to date with Russ have failed in securing a long-term loan of one of his thong-clad cuties to serve the drinks and other delights. In what can only be considered mean-spirited gestures, he regularly parades them past in a teasing and taunting manner.

Returning to the object of the discussion, it's use could be considered a form of punishment, especially these days. Certainly every time we use one we feel we've been taken advantage of.

Paul

chester

Quote from: W. P. Rayner on June 08, 2011, 07:58:32 AM

Returning to the object of the discussion, it's use could be considered a form of punishment, especially these days. Certainly every time we use one we feel we've been taken advantage of.

Paul

What? It has something to do with the dollar?

marc_reusser

M-Works

Chuck Doan

Isn't he supposed to say "merde"?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Barney

No idea what it is but I can see the joins in the Lego Blocks.
Barney

W.P. Rayner

Here are a couple of partial preliminary renderings of work completed on the mystery project this weekend... a couple of more clues. I believe the second image will give it away...

Paul

marc_reusser

Dibbs on "Gas Pump"

(or artificial lung from the 40's)

Marc

M-Works