• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A little wooden bridge

Started by eTraxx, October 26, 2011, 08:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

Well .. since the title of the Category is "Modelers (Modellers) at work" .. thought I would toss this up. It was just a 'quick and dirty' project for my the On18 piece of my On30 module .. actually to cross the joint between two modules. It's sitting on the wooden abutments which will be permanently attached to the modules. Figure that will allow the bridge to be moved as needed. Thanks to Dave at Vector Cut as I ran out of nbw for the ties - but realized that I had some of his 1mm nbw bits. That critter .. was/is my first attempt at bashing a vehicle ... and I really need to finish it up .. been sitting on a shelf since last year.

Trying to get a good photo here reminds me. I made a photo stand a while back following Marc's version which works fine for smaller objects but need something larger/longer. Guess I need to pull out the hot-glue gun and foamboard. :/
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Belg

Ed, nice job on the bridge.

Do you have a link to the photo setup you mentioned?

Thanks Pat

eTraxx

Nope. Was a while back. Marc can of course point you in the right direction. Was basically a foamboard construct .. horizontal to vertical curve background to take photos. Works great .. except the one I made is too dang narrow.
Ed Traxler

David Emery

I've jury-rigged a backdrop frame using 2 long and 2 short 1-handed clamps.  The long clamps attach to the table, with their legs sticking up in the air.  The short clamps (or binder clips) hold the backdrop to the long clamp legs.

dave

eTraxx

@Pat .. found it ..

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=211.msg13553#msg13553

Mine was almost an exact copy but I need a wider version. Just need to pick some foamcore up and knock it out.
Ed Traxler

Belg

Ed, I like the whole thing and just wonder what keeps the front paper in the curve shape. I know the clamps hold it at the top. Thanks for taking the time to find it for me.