• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Ford Model T 1/16th scale

Started by greenie, August 31, 2018, 04:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Now here's something that's a tad different, suppose you could call it a 'Butchers Light Order Ford Model T' truck, looks like the box on the rear was swiped from an old horse drawn vehicle and just plonked onto the back of the Model T.
Needed a bit of light hearted relief, getting a bit of burn out from all the scratch-building, so, I liked the look of the Ford Model T in the first photo, very soon had a box full of plastic bits on the bench and about three weeks later, this appeared on the workbench.
Sorry, just couldn't help myself, I just had to take to the box of bits and rearrange them, just to make it a lot more interesting, instead of slamming/whacking bit 'A' onto bit 'B'.
Glueing these box full of plastic bit's together is just S-o-o-o-o-o easy, really can't see why others have any problems with slamming them together.
The biggest headache was doing the art work for the decals, all done in-home using CorelDraw and then printed out on an ALPS MD5500 printer.

TRAINS1941

Very nicely done.  Great artwork.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Beautifully done! Interesting prototype.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Design-HSB

It is always amazing how many variants of this originally only black vehicle are there and this model is a successful variant. Thanks for showing.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Satisfactory. Why not white tires as in the original photo? -- Russ

greenie

The black tyres came with-in the box of bits, thought about the 'white tyres', ---------- but got a headache just thinking about them.
So decided I could do with-out any more painfull headaches and just used what came in the box.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Greenie, "butchering" that kit certainly dressed it up nicely. Even when you're taking a break, you do exceptional artwork.

greenie

Good one Bill, ------------------ it's definitely been "butchered", eh. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D