• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1940 Ford Coupe

Started by JohnTolcher, October 06, 2014, 04:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Somewhat astounding. Thanks for posting! -- Russ

Hydrostat

John, it's all over phantastic done! I really like the flattened tires.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

JohnTolcher

Thankyou for your comments.

Hi Ray, the front and rear windows are kit items, the broken side window is clear plastic from some product package. Some of the chrome items came already chromed in the kit (such as the light housings), others were painted Mr Color Silver and rubbed with Uschi van der Rosterns chrome polishing powder. If too bright, the chrome was dulled down a light spray of dullcote, and here and there some patina was added by sponging a little grey acrylic paint.

The images were a bit tight as I cropped them down to upload, so here are some images linked on photobucket. Cheers

Cheers
John in Australia

Chuck Doan

Thanks for the more detailed explanations John. I watched it come together of FB. Really excellent!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

Great pictures, the more I see this the more I appreciate the beauty of the paint job
Gordon

Barney

Lovely stuff - Thanks for the inspiration
Barney

Hauk

Great work, great tutorial!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

JohnTolcher

Thanks for your comments folks!
Cheers
John in Australia