• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'.....(1/35 Road Rollers)

Started by marc_reusser, May 06, 2012, 07:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Thanks Gordon,

But your's does have a scraper bar...was just looking at it trying to see if I could bend it in closer to the roller... Will likely add a second one, as I want to add a spring tensioned bar between them.

The shields are something I saw on two of the ref. rollers. I also noticed in a couple of pics that some rollers had a larger ring on the roller side surface that looks like it was for the same purpose.

I kind of goofed/got over-zealous in adding the shields, as they are deeper than the roller surface edge, so I can now not remove the roller for painting separately  :-\  The shields also tend to stiffen the frame just enough, that I can't bend/flex it enough to get the axle pins on the roller, to pop out of their sockets on the frame  ::) ....ought to make for an "interseting" and fidgety painting experience.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

voyager

Beautiful work Marc. Gordon has got me looking at rollers and this just looks so right, can't wait to see you paint it.
Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

Ray Dunakin

Nice work, and good to see you modeling again!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World