• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Lumber schooner models

Started by Shadow Pines RR, July 17, 2008, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Pines RR

Looking for model schooners in 1/87 or close to that scale. any referals would br greatly appreciated .

marc_reusser

I don't know of any models for lumber schooners....BTW...what size/type/era are you looking for?..IE sail, steam?...and are you looking for standard size lumber schooners or "doghole" lumber schooners.

There was a guy on ebay (don't recall the seller) that was selling some very nice ship plan-sets one of which was a for a vertical prow steel hulled "doghole" schooner.  I had the chance to look at the planset for this ship, and though a lot of work (especially if not a ship modeler)...it would have made for a beautiful ship......really made me want to build one.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Here is a PDF with some information as to where some plans are available, and some info on a build, for the Lumber Schooner Willapa.

http://www.pacificcohistory.org/willapa.pdf

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

jacq01

Hello ??????? ( shadow pines)

here  links to drawings ( lines and rigging ) for the schooner Wawona and the scow schooner Alma.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/habs_haer/subjectS.html

searching with google for logging ships / schooners will give you more detailed info.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Shadow Pines RR

Thank you for those great links.. I'm  modeling Ho scale and era 1890- 1930 would be fine for timeline of ships. all scooners styles would be fine I need about 7 ships.

myron

7 Ships?!!  :o  What are planning on doing with so many?

Myron

Shadow Pines RR