• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Huffkins Mine Revisited

Started by Barney, September 29, 2018, 01:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

My compressor man informed me A larger compressor would be required for this sort of job - so a twin cylinder Ingersoll-Rand industrial type of about the early 1900s has has now replaced the first one - most parts from the scrap box  and trial fit of most parts shown
Barney

Barney

back end - open frame electric motor will fit here

Bill Gill

Well, I guess you will now have a spare compressor for some future project or maybe that smaller one can sit nearby, abandoned, after having been used when the mine was smaller.

Barney

Bill - yes I think compressor no1 is due for the scrap pile at the back of the shed
next pic is the start of the open frame electric drive motor - Acrylic tube - Evergreen tubes and bits from the scrap box
Barney

finescalerr

The new one is even nicer. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Greg Hile

Barney

Nearly completed Threading machine - a few more wires and bolts required

Barney

the motor side - wide pinion fitted on motor so adjustment to large wheel can be done for different dia' tube /rod "so I'm told !!
Barney

finescalerr

Absolutely dreadful but maybe you'll salvage it. -- ssuR

Barney

Mr Russ are you still upset about me giving "the Narrow Gauge & Short-line Gazette a bad review" the latest one the colour shots are a a bit better but I still rate it "Crap"and still will not reorder it - spend my money on Evergreen !!
More pics of threader machine
All done -but I think the large cog wheel needs the teeth re-doing or re-teething !! make the profile larger -so its off to the gold bank and order some more EverGreen Strip
Barney

Barney

the other side

finescalerr

I was never upset about your giving the Gazette a bad review; what's more, your modeling may be too good for its pages.

Want to know the most frequent criticism I heard about the models I consider good? "Intimidating". Yes, hobbyists actually were put off by models as outstanding as those you guys build. Maybe that's one reason models of such high quality rarely appeared or appear in the Gazette and other magazines.

We're now down to a very small handful of contributors to this forum. When somebody asks to "join", I always request a couple of photos of his work and information about his interests. One in about ten replies and I never again hear from the rest.

Russ

Ray Dunakin

I'm impressed by how quickly you turn out such fine work!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

If I see this here, I have to say that in contrast to the model railway literature, I get excellent quality here.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal