• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Huffkins Mine Revisited

Started by Barney, September 29, 2018, 01:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

In other words scale hopping again ! with 30 years plus of 1/35th bits in the stock box what else I asked. The Compressor Shack built from reclaimed timbers found on the site of the old mine (out of the stock box) the shack will house a large compressor with storage tank - and facilities for repairing compressors  threading of pipe work and valve repairs - will also re-fuel the air locos and store spares.
shot 1 -2 - 3general view of shack

Barney

Barney

Barney

The compressor under construction most of the parts are only trial fittings

Barney

The threading machine under construction

Ray Dunakin

Very cool. Was that spoked gear made from a Lego wheel?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Very adequate so far. Keep posting! -- Russ

detail_stymied

s.e. charles

LesTindall

Is that radiator scratch built?

Les Tindall

Barney

Ray -  the cog wheel is a 1/35th Russian Tank wheel with Evergreen strip for the teeth - the base is Lego Blocks
Les _ yes the Rad is scratch built - for the smaller scales I use 20 thou or 30 thou Evergreen rods on a Styrene base the Header tanks top & bottom is Evergreen strip - nuts & bolts are Master Class

Barney

the finessed job

Barney

For Larger scale I think a bit more detail is required -I use 3 layers of Micro Mesh the one in the middle a different type - in a styrene frame Micro mesh is from
https://www.modeldisplayproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home (note in the wrong packets brass is in the steel) or https://historexagents.com
do the Aber version in smaller packets

Barney

the micro mesh the Model display type

Barney

Or the Aber ones -smaller and dearer but more options from Historx Agents Dover
Hope it all makes sense !!
Barney

LesTindall

Thanks for all the info, I'm in the middle of building a "rusting Ruston" loco in 16mm scale and exposed engine details are important in that size.
Les Tindall