• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My sisters B&B in Cahors, France

Started by Guy Milh(imeter), August 04, 2013, 06:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Beautifully done. Truly captured the look and feel of this architecture. When first glancing across some of the images it was not immediately apparent that it was a model.

Your sister should be most pleased.

Now you just need to post the B&B website and info :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Guy Milh(imeter)

Thanks very much Marc & Ray,

Marc, I'm afraid there is still a lot of work to be done before she will be able to open here B&B for the public, will do the moment she opens  :D

Meanwhile I learned to solder and added two  6V lights who are battery operated   (hard time to take good pics of that) and some flower pots.
Also the box was made with the sides in a "creamy" colour as suggested by Russ (thanks Russ, it turned out nice)
I did the back in watercolours to suggest the sky, not a deep blue, rather a subtle light blue and white clouds, not to disturb the focus point.
My frame maker did his job in one day  :D.
When we have a sunny day I'll take some more pictures. (I will also give a large poster as a present to my sister, with a collage of the sun lit pics and keep one for myself, it's a little far to go and watch the box every time I feel like it (900km.)  ;D

Guy

Alexandre

That's a beautiful gift idea, and very well done. bravo! Lucky sister!

Guy Milh(imeter)

I've added the flowerpots

Gordon Ferguson

Nice work, and very realistic...... Your sister is a lucky person
Gordon

Guy Milh(imeter)

Thanks Alexandre and Gordon !!

Alexandre, when I'm at my sisters next summer you could come over, it's not that far away from where you live.
Alors on va boire une bonne Ricard, ou deux, ou...  8).

Guy

Alexandre

Ou trois :) I don't drink Ricard or anything that contains anise, but I'm sure we'll find something else to drink  ;D

marc_reusser

Vodka, from what I have seen  ;D :P

As any good Pripyat modeler should.  ;D

M-Works

Guy Milh(imeter)

I had a very aquard situation last week:

There was a surprise party for my sister who, as I stated before in this treat, will be leaving Belgium to go and live in France next month. I was going to give here my present (being the scale model) on this occasion.

As me and my family entered the room where the party was held (my sister was going to come later) I saw a scale model standing in the corner, made by my brother in law's father ,representing the same house I made !!!!

I'll let you be te judge of the quality of this model.

Oh what the heck, ... my sister and brother in law were very pleased with my model (to), and me, ... I will miss them A LOT !!!

Guy

Guy Milh(imeter)

I was not able to make good outside pics of the final result because of the poor weather, here is one anyway.

I must call this model done (since it is literally out of my hands :) ).

I think my next model (another box) wil be representing the interior of a jazz cafĂ©  with a stage and instruments (drum, dbl. bass, piano, sax) with tables and a bar.

I think I will call it "Take Five" since there will be no personages :)

Guy

finescalerr

Your good modeling and good intentions notwithstanding, I take exception to the choice of a saxophone over a clarinet. Let's see if you can figure out why .... -- Russ

Guy Milh(imeter)

Russ, I read everything on this forum,  it's not that you never mentioned you play the clarinet. ;D

I will put a clarinet somewhere in a 'corner' so you won't feel neglected ;)

marc_reusser

Wow...what are the cances of something like that happening!

M-Works