• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

On30 Gondola

Started by Wesleybeks, July 20, 2013, 05:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesleybeks

Hi Guys

Well ive never posted to this forum and thought the best way to learn is from the best. So I thought Id post my pics of a On30 kit I completed recently.

The load is scratch built and will be redone. So no need to worry about that.

Id really like to know your thoughts and hear where I can improve or redo something. So let me hear them.

Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

finescalerr

Nice job. I'm glad the wood still has some color. Most guys seem to think all rolling stock should look as though it's been sitting on the rip track for ten years. -- Russ

lab-dad

Welcome!
Not bad.
Looking at it on my phone my only comments so far are
The nbw's are too big and too few.
There should be two in each location.
I too like the wood color.
Marty

mabloodhound

AS I said before, nice  ;)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wesleybeks

Thank you for taking the time to reply gentlemen.

Although not up to the standards of most on this forum, I feel its a start and will try to better my next effort.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

shropshire lad

Quote from: Wesleybeks on July 22, 2013, 03:38:50 AM
....and will try to better my next effort.

Wesley , that's what we all aim to do ( except Chuck , who has reach the point of perfection and is now only repeating himself ! ) , so you are not alone . Keep having a go , as experimentation is the most interesting part ,

Nick

NE Brownstone

I have to say I really like the rust on the pipe.  It may not be ideal for a load of new pipe, but it sure looks like a lot of the pipe I've seen sitting around in oilfield pipe yards for some time. 

I agree about the wood and Russ' comment.  Too many people over do it and it's on the same line of like modeling an old rusty tractor that's only two years old.
Russ
The other, other Russ