• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

They copied Chuck's giant one cent coin!

Started by artizen, September 16, 2013, 04:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artizen

Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

jacq01

Most probably this is the same fellow who copied my H0 gravelworks in N in brass. 

His rolling stock, locomotives and wagons, do have finescale wheels and compensated chassis.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

BKLN

The guy is freakin' mind blowing. It's worth it to dig thru the whole thread that Artizen posted. He is building some sick pine trees! No need to understand German, the pictures say more than words.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

MinerFortyNiner

My mind is blown. Pine needles in N. Silky-smooth, scale steam valve gear. Superb craftsmanship.
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

artizen

Jacq - page seven shows the construction of the building.

Everyone - pages 5, 6, 7 show the track and the water features (and lots of trees!).

Remember - this is 2mmFS (1:160).
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

nemmrrc

BKLN

In the more recent pages of the thread he is explaining the tree making process further. The key seems to be the directional (underside only) application of glue and electro-static fiber.