• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Nice engine in large scale

Started by Hauk, November 01, 2012, 12:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

finescalerr

Very well done. But it needs a bath .... -- Russ

shropshire lad

Very nicely done loco . But there are way too many photos .

Nick

marc_reusser

Interesting loco, and overall it gives a very good impression, but up close the painting and weathering start to fall apart...especcially the numerous "random" (I would be honest and call the willy-nilly) scrapes, rubs and scratches.

I assume that this is a paper model? If so it is well done and hides the fact for much of the model.....if it is not paper, some of the surfaces, such as the roof, and several other large planes, are fairly poorly done.

Regardless, thanks for sharing.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

I agree with Marc,
i was going to mention the random scratches, no real reason for their locations.
They really distract from the whole "feel"
Some of the textures are a little rough, even for a large scale.
It looks like it belongs in a scrap yard.
It would be a much more impressive model if it were in a "well used, but cared for" condition.
Overall though it is impressive.
-Marty

Chuck Doan

I like the grease on the buffers-interesting low profile design.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

I like a lot of the textures on this loco -- some very convincing grease, grime and old metal. But those weird scratches seriously detract from the overall look. Not only are they random and pointless, they aren't even to scale.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

5thwheel

This engine looks like some of the old automobiles left outside under trees here in Oregon.  The texture is about right for an abandoned engine.  I think the random and out of scale scratches are from improper handling and storage. What scale and what material is the engine made from?
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

marc_reusser

Bill,

No...the scratches and marks are new and intentional. He just finished building and wethering this. They are a clear sign of someone that doess not know what he is doing...or how to go about representing an effect (I mean seriously...some of the silver pencil marks/"scratches" look like a 5 year old has been scribbeling on it).

Marc  :)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works