• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

HUFFKINS Mine

Started by Barney, January 04, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Barney, I've gotten behind on this thread and you've made a lot of good progress since last look. It's a very distinctive loco, in fact, you could say it has a certain air about it.

finescalerr

That looks extremely adequate at this stage. -- Russ

LesTindall

I've been using Tichy Trains rivets and nbws especially as they are obtainable in the UK.  As mentioned Grandt line rievst and nbws have deteriorated in quality and with the new "sand" colour they produce them in makes it more difficult to see them against white styrene.

Les

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Les - I have now given up with a lot of the Grandt Line Products stuff -got real shabby mainly on the nut bolt side of things
I now use Master Club nuts / bolts and rivets superb castings  and readily available in the UK from Historex Agents in Dover
who offer a superb mail order service normally next day - I use Tichy Trains stuff for the larger nut bolts and rivets. Who does them in the UK last lot I had from the US can't moan about them they always offer a Quick service
Barney
Grandt Line changed the the colour to "white" some years back I hear there was plenty moans about it and went back to dark grey now of course as you say have now gone to a sand colour making life difficult for us + of course the poor quality

5thwheel

So what/who is a good supplier for nuts, bolts and rivet details here in the US?
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Krusty

Barney

Are the Master Club NBWs and rivets styrene or resin? If resin, what are you using to secure them?
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Barney

I would say Master Club n/b castings are a Hard plastic - I have used super glue and styrene glues both with success
Barney

Barney

Master Club  - quick shot note crispness of casting

Barney

Available from https://www.historexagents.com excellent world wide mail order service - Website a bit odd ! but look under BRANDS and you will see "new" Master Club nuts bolts and rivets
Barney

Barney

5TH Wheel - Found this suppler in the US - not sure what there service is like http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php?id_category=1489&controller=category
Barney

Krusty

QuoteI would say Master Club n/b castings are a Hard plastic - I have used super glue and styrene glues both with success

Thanks Barney.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

LesTindall

Barney
I get the Tichy Rivets and nbw's from www.ngtrains.com.     They are based in York

Les

Barney

Tugger hoist (with recon engine) nearly finished - Cement mixer on the right and RIX compressed air loco on the far left more photos later only re- sizer gone slow and is doing my head in
Barney

Greg Hile

Fantastic job! Can't wait to see more photos ...