• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Old Wagons

Started by Scratchman, April 14, 2010, 03:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Potato Head

All You South Westerners! "the Big Hitch" Parade is this Saturday in Ketchum Idaho, it's the largest non motorized parade in the West!
Even though they had a disastrous fire the last two weeks they are still going on with the parade, Wagons and Surreys, and horse teams, even big fat Cabieros with beautiful Mexican horses and Senioritis clad in silver!
Don't miss it if your near, I'm going
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

5thwheel

Quote from: Scratchman on June 22, 2013, 08:55:50 PM
Kids wagon.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Actually not a kids wagon. It is from Europe and is used to haul vegetable crops from the fields. A lot of them were imported to US in the 80s and sold as antiques in the shops.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

5thwheel

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on August 27, 2013, 06:26:00 PM
All You South Westerners! "the Big Hitch" Parade is this Saturday in Ketchum Idaho, it's the largest non motorized parade in the West!
Even though they had a disastrous fire the last two weeks they are still going on with the parade, Wagons and Surreys, and horse teams, even big fat Cabieros with beautiful Mexican horses and Senioritis clad in silver!
Don't miss it if your near, I'm going
MPH

Of course there will be a lot of pictures posted here of the parade for us who can't be there to see.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

5thwheel

An attempt to bring this forward. Hate to see the wagons buried. Wish more would model them.
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Scratchman

Here's two air compressors I think there both in Tonopah Nevada.

IMG_9039 by Gordon Birrell, on Flickr

IMG_8961 by Gordon Birrell, on Flickr

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Ray Dunakin

That tank in the background (compressed air?) is interesting. It's put together like a big spiral-wound, riveted pipe.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

greenie

Thought I better resurrect this thread from the deep dark past, so here is the latest build, it's a 1/12th scale Butchers Light Order Cart, enjoy.

regards  greenie  

finescalerr

I thought we had seen the last of those beautiful wagons but that one is as gorgeous as anything I've seen. -- Russ

Allan G

Totally awesome Greenie!!!!! Allan

Bill Gill

Huzzah! Huzzah! HUZZAH!!!

Hydrostat

Oh lord, that's something! Please let those spoke ornaments be decals ...

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Carlo

Could you (or anyone else) please point me to a tutorial on making wagon wheels like these?
Thanks, Carlo

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

greenie

Russ, you have definitely OVER EXERTED yourself with such a 'glowing oratory', I do thank you ----------------- ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Carlo, if your going to make a WAGGON wheel, then please do a lot of research on the particular vehicle that you want to model, as not ALL wooden spoked wheels are the same as what is in those tutorials. A "waggon wheel" is a lot heavier in construction, than what a "buggy wheel" would be.

What is written in those tutorials, is just a "generalization" of how I do wheels.

regards  greenie 

michael mott

Greenie your model reminds me of why I became interested in model-building, way back when I was a kid and saw models like yours though probably no where near as beautifully made. They were in the science museum in London and I spent hours looking at them.
There is a museum south of here called the Remington Carriage Museum http://www.history.alberta.ca/remington/ they have a section that the public can view where they still repair and make carriage wheels.

Michael