• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Nice mini scene, Kim. We had the top from a cable drum as our dining room table top for a couple years when first married.

Barney

Lovely - nice and easy to finish
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Cheers everybody.
Here is a build that I am doing the reference is the 100-year photo in the background, with no dimensions.
I will go over the background at the end of the week but it has a different technique more of a style item than a scale model. Definitely a head-scratcher my bald patch has just gotten bigger.
cheers
DSC_4763.JPG

Bill Gill

Kim, looks like the head scratching is working, that's a good looking building even though it's a bit more 'kempt' than your usual structures  ;)

finescalerr

Please send before and after photos of your bald spot. -- Russ

1-32

Hi Russ good one I am trying but the selfy just misses the spot.
Hi Bill yes a different approach very little painted surfaces and more natural materials ,wood, card,
Halfway through this build I started to get the hang of the technique now I just want more.
The only roughed-up and painted part is the fence, contrast The ground cover is sandpaper. The roof corrugated paper cut as one piece.
A more stylized approach to miniatures.
The actual model is of a building that once existed close to where I live , long since gone.
The style was Australian Federation Cottages common about 100 years ago.
Simple living on the beaches.
CheersDSC_4827.JPG

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Krusty

I like the peoples. They have a lot of character without being caricatures. Are they your own work or are they commercial figures?
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

1-32

Hi Krusty.
No not my figures they are produced by a small German model works.
Figurendesign.
Nice hey.

Krusty

Thanks Kim. Yes, very nice.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"