• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's H0 layout part 2

Started by jacq01, March 11, 2008, 03:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

Here a number of very early photo's of the gravelworks.
As my CD/DVD reader packed up, I am not able to download from a number of recent CD's with higher resolution photo's  :-[

sideview showing the gravelworks with tower.
The present tower is completely made from printing paper and turned out to be stronger
than styrene, which turned brittle in a short time.

a works meeting

Overall view with works and silo's.
The gravelworks is built from 4 photo's of an existing building during holidays near Visp in Switzerland.
The silo's have been added to make the shunting in the industrial area intersting.
Both silo's work, the doors open and gravel is discharged into the waiting waggons.
The operator can stand with a wireless controler in between the public and operate train and silo doors
unseen. Fun to watch the people's reaction.

Topview showing the discharge bin where the dredged gravel is discharged

Rearview. The cables hanging from the winch house and the tower have been
fixed now. Innitially it was possible to pull up the dredge bucket with the winch.
The problem was, I couldnt get it down again as the friction of the small wheels
on the wire was too high and at the end the bucket couldn't go underwater.
So now it is static

Detail view.  H profiles were styrene and have been replaced by brass.
L profiles ae made from printing paper as styrene or brass ones are not to scale.
Fold a sheet and cut 0,5 mm - 0,75mm and 1,0 mm strips, fold open and voila
scale angles with 0,1mm ( = scale 8,7 mm) thickness.

Detail of the winch house. The photo of this building was the source of the
dimensional scale drwg I made.

As soon as I have replaced my CD/DVD unit, I'll post some more photo's showing
the building in it's surroundings.

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

I've been enjoying your photos. The modeling is really quite good. Thank you for posting.

Russ