• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

4th Street at Dorchester Avenue

Started by nk, February 11, 2013, 08:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nk

Marc thank you for that critique. Coming from you it is very high priase indeed. You are absolutely right about the composition. I really like playing around with the compositional elements to find some balance. I've always admireed artists like Fred Sandback who can just have two lines on a sheet of paper and it is perfect, right composition right colour.

Thanks Ray and Russ for your feedback
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

nalmeida

Great work, looks very real. If someone told me it was the real thing I would easily buy it. Out of curiosity, why are you sending it my way (Portugal)?

nk

Hi Nalmeida, I am sending it to a friend in Lisbon who is an artist. He gave us a painting when we saw him a couple of years ago and I know he loves street markings, so I made this model for him. He was in Boston a few months ago and saw it in progress and was excited to receive it when it was done. That is why it's on its way to Portugal.  

I don't have a lot of storage space at home, so I tend to make these little scenes and then give them away to friends. That way I can keep on building and not worry about accumulating too much clutter in my apartment.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

finescalerr

Good hearted, generous, and practical--nice combination. -- Russ

nalmeida

Thanks for the feedback, I know the world is a real small place but these things really make it small!!