• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

ENGINE FOR A CAT 60

Started by NORCALLOGGER, December 26, 2013, 09:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORCALLOGGER

The intake manifold has been installed with a bracket to hold the intake air pipe to the air cleaner.  The carburetor (two washers and an earring back) have been installed and the throttle rod extended across and back to the carb. 

The fan blades and hub were a bit of a challenge but came out pretty good.  The blocks are glued up (one is laying on the square) to shape the upper tanks from.  You can just see the bolt detail on the radiator top plate and the pins as mounting bolts for the shroud (more of that modular system for easy removal to paint).

Well that is the basics of the engine build.  Here are a couple of pictures of the completed ingine in the Cat.

Hope this was/will be of some use to you that wanted the information. 
Rick

Ray Dunakin

Thanks Rick, it's much appreciated! This will be very helpful when I get around to building mine.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Rick, helps me understand what some of the bits do in real size :)

A lovely build , lots of useful ideas and a great result
Gordon

lab-dad

Excellent "article"!
Great info & tips.
Thanks for taking the time.
-Marty