• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WP Rayner

In truth it doesn't get any better and more inspiring than this...
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Chuck Doan

Thanks Very much!  Marty, I can send the STL files if you want. Need to supply the hardware and styrene tube rollers is all.

In the home stretch now.

I finally made the vertical exhaust I had originally designed. Made from 1/8" (3.2mm) styrene tube. I glued a piece of solid styrene rod in the lower end and heat bent the tube around a Sharpie pen after dipping in boiling water. I sanded some wrinkles in the bend to simulate homeade construction, and added a dent. Then I glued on a styrene support bracket, and primed it with Krylon Grey primer sprayed at a distance to create a textured surface. Then a base coat of Prismaclor pencil "paint", browns and rust colors. Then sponged with rust, brown, tan and black pigment powders and the spritzed with Dullcoat, also sprayed at a distance to create a mottled effect. Then some dark brown dits added with the wet tip of a Prismacolor Premier pencil. Not a hearty finish, but it'll do.

Bought an 0-80 die and threaded some .06 diameter brass wire for the axle hold downs. Secured to the sled with 0-80 nuts.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Stunning! Superb modeling, exceeded only by your sublime texturing/weathering.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

A truly unique model in all parts and especially in the color design.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

TRAINS1941

Has to be one of the most amazing models ever created.  Words just don't describe your talent!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Sami

Everything is exceptional on this model.

finescalerr

lab-dad

Almost there.
Did you "thin" the end of the tube to make the wall thickness scale?
I would have thought you'd use brass tube for the pipe at least.
Going to have to try the pencils.
Marty

Franck Tavernier

Awesome Chuck!... ;)

Everything is perfect in every detail.

Franck

Barney

I agree in every way to what others have said + superb modelling
Barney
Whats next ?
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson