• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fordson tugger hoist

Started by Chuck Doan, January 10, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Thanks Guys!

I test fitted the core into the 3D printed shell. Thankfully it fit. The Fordson shell castings often broke on the front edge. I am using that feature to show the edges of the fins, since they are otherwise hidden by the shell.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

I'm glad you had time over the holidays to do a little more modeling. -- Russ

Bernhard

Very impressive! I love the details that can be reproduced on this large scale.
Bernhard

Hauk

Your work is just perfect.
No matter how hard I try, I can never find areas that can be improved.
It is the gold standard of modelling. Your models should be kept in a vault in Paris for reference.

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Bill Gill

Even when you break it (on purpose) it's perfect.

Barney

Excellent - better than the real thing !
Barney

Barney

Two I knocked up earlier
Barney

Barney

rear of rad

Barney

I think the model looks better !
Barney

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

That's not possible, there isn't, Chuck proved us again.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! Nice pictures Barney!

I received the brass front axle parts from Shapeways and cleaned and assembled them. The axle had some minor print lines that were easily sanded. The round parts had no lines at all. The v-shaped radius rod was assembled with 00-90 screws.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

The parts turned out very well. Do they seem as durable as cast parts? -- Russ

Bernhard

Unbelievable!
I'm actually building a 1/35th scale resin kit for a Fordson critter. No comparison. I could cry.

Bernhard