• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

Good pics Marc. I know that place, been by there many times but never stopped. The last time I was by (in the late 90s) I thought they were trying to fix the place up... maybe they did and this is the result, I don't remember it being quite as colorful...

Paul

Ray Dunakin

Too cool!! I hope that someday, someone will preserve that building rather than tearing it down or letting it rot.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Paul,

I think you are correct on the colors, if I recall correctly the building and the cars used to be completely white ...or the house was white and the cars were a creamy yellow-white with white trim. (the cars may have had a red roof)....I think the structure is currently inhabited by what looks to be...to paraphrase CW. McCall...."a bunch of crispy critters and a space cadet".  ;) ;D

There is a handwritten sign in one of the streetcar windows noting "streetcars for sale"...with a tel. no.

Marc

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 17, 2011, 12:32:06 AM
I think the structure is currently inhabited by what looks to be...to paraphrase CW. McCall...."a bunch of crispy critters and a space cadet".  ;) ;D

Perhaps it's a former west coast franchise of the Old Home CafĂ©...  ;)  At least they've resisted covering all of the windows with aluminum foil...

Paul

marc_reusser

Foiled windows are old school....nowadays it's all in the hat!

Marc

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Those foil hats worked great back in the days of analog radio and TV ... but they don't pick up many useful signals these days ...
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Mobilgas

The number of Reply post's was 666 so i had to post to change the number ::)
Craig

marc_reusser

No joke...and all coincidence....my mother's mailing address is PO Box 666 and she had a cat named Lucifer.....growing up, I knew she wasn't Beelzebub...but at times I thought she definitely qualified as one of his minions!  ;D ;D ;D

M

M-Works

W.P. Rayner

;D ;D Great pic Marc... now could you move your chair a little to the left, you're interfering with the reception...  ;)

Paul -->tuning in in the corner-->

marc_reusser

On a clear day I can get Mexico City.....(just like Stan Ridgeway/Wall of Voodo)  ;)

On a more usual type of post for here.. ;)

Marc

M-Works

marc_reusser

M

M-Works

marc_reusser

At Last!....the flying car they promised us back in the 50's.

M-Works

W.P. Rayner

Excellent sign photos Marc. Especially like the "More Skinny" sign... thanks for posting.

Here's a wonderful example of weathered brick and wood textures: F. B. Johnston photo of Edgar Allan Poe's mother's house in Richmond, VA, ca. 1930. Photo from Shorpy.

Paul

finescalerr

I really like that photo. I really need to do something with bricks and that provides some genuine inspiration. Thanks, Paul. -- Russ

Frederic Testard

That picture is very attractive, Paul. It would certainly make a great scene to model.
Frederic Testard