• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th TACL rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, May 27, 2020, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Unfortunately I had to realize that the quality of the kit is not always the same. The parts are obviously sometimes cast in older, slightly damaged moulds. The casts must then be repaired and reworked. Also the gas tank is always sitting slightly slanted on the drive block. This can only be hidden by mounting the rear axle at a slight angle.
Despite everything, for the 1/35th scale the model is not too bad.

Bernhard

Now the model can finally be painted and assembled.
Let's start with the primer.

Bernhard

Originally the rail tractor was painted orange, possibly because that was the standard color of Fordson tractors at that time. During the restoration the tractor and the chassis were then painted green.

After the painting work the first thing to do is to build the running gear into the lower part of the frame.
The chains look even more realistic because of the paintwork.

Bernhard

Now the first parts of the brake system are installed.

Bernhard

Then the roof is mounted on the upper part of the frame.

Bernhard

The tractor will also be painted...

Bernhard

...and then everything can be provisionally stacked.

Bernhard

Cover boards are mounted on both sides.

Bernhard

Furthermore the two builder plates are still missing.

Bernhard

The largely finished model seen from below.

Bernhard

The last detail: the extension for the starter crank.
I had to build the universal joint twice, because the first version was a bit too big.

Bernhard

And so the work is done.
The tractor sits slightly off-center in the frame. This is also the case with the prototype.

Bernhard

Bernhard

Bernhard

The brake lever seems a little oversized. But that also corresponds to the prototype.