• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35th TACL rail tractor

Started by Bernhard, May 27, 2020, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

... and the brake shoes made of wood.

Bernhard

This can be used to complete the bogies.

Bernhard

Finally the drawbars have to be made.

Bernhard

Ben told me that the short drawbar between the rail tractor and the first bogie was probably made of steel. So I redesigned it.

Bernhard

With the load of 70 sawn lime wood planks, ...

Bernhard

... the timber bogies are ready now.

Bernhard

However, Ben had the following to say: "The weathering on the timber jinka's is probably a bit much as well as we know they are weathered now but they are 60 years old, back in the operational days they were made at the timber mill as the iron was purchased as a kit and the mill would make them from timber they cut so they would most likely looked quite new in operation".
I have modeled the rail tractor and the timber bogies in the condition they are in today.  But in that case I will build two more bogies in a newer condition sometime.

Bernhard

finescalerr

Now that I see how quick and easy it was to build the bogie, I think I'll crank out a dozen of them this afternoon. Most satisfactory. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Excellent work! Very well done. I love how simple those log cars are -- nothing on them is more complicated or expensive than it needed to be.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

1-32

Great Bernard the look is excellent.

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on September 27, 2020, 12:32:37 PM
Now that I see how quick and easy it was to build the bogie, I think I'll crank out a dozen of them this afternoon. Most satisfactory. -- Russ
c

Have you finished them yet ?

finescalerr

I actually built two dozen and they turned out so beautifully I didn't want to post photos and embarrass Bernard with my artistry and skill.... -- ssuR

Bernhard

Congratulations Russ, and thanks for sparing me this démotivation.

Bernhard

Hauk

Beautiful work as always!
But why are two of the planks on the wagon pointing into the air?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past