• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1934 Ford

Started by Eric Green, February 05, 2019, 12:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Green

I  turned this into a truck that sprayed used motor oil on dirt roads.  1/48th scale.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Nice! Is this the Berkshire kit for the truck?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Eric Green

Chuck, yes.  I bought five.  Next is the oyster van.

Eric Green

And the oil sprayer.  It's an old boiler than has been bunged.

Eric Green

In location, town of Penobscot Falls, 1956

Ray Dunakin

Great stuff. Is the oil sprayer based on a particular prototype?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Eric Green

No.  Just a memory I had as a kid.  My father drove a 356 Porsche beginning in 1952.  Everyone HATED those cars then and I was beaten up in school because my father drove a  Kraut car.  But my dad loved Porsches and he would avoid those oil soaked dirt roads like a plague.  He would drive 50 miles out of our way to avoid one.  He called it "tar and feathering."  It did little but make a mess.

Les Tindall

Love that oily/gritty texture on the tank.
Les

Lawton Maner

Given the frugality of most rural Yankees if you look hard enough you will find one.  When I was a child, Allendale, SC had an elderly black gentleman who oiled the alleys in town with a wagon and pair of mules.  In my tomorrow box is a Boraxo 40 mule team kit from which I hope to live long enough to model him in 1:48 scale.  For those of us who need to populate a rural post WWII layout with mules the kit is a treasure trove.

Eric Green

Bob Love's son Dennis sent me Bob's unfinished saw mill, his masterpiece he was creating when he died.  I've weathered most of it, but I need help laying out the saw mill floor because I've never worked in a saw mill.  My best buddy Mitch has, so he will come up and help.  But my point is there was one figure of a guy near a giant clamped log with one side cut off.  I made the guy black with a white beard.  Black people have a HUGE history with railroads, etc. but we rarely model our figures as black.  Of course in Maine in 1956, two is probably all I can sneak in.  I have a porter as well.

Rich Wolfanger

Eric,

Just found this topic.  Very nice work.

Rich