• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Why is it people can look cool sitting on a motorcycle, even from 1900 with a cap and tie? And check out the last guys Darth Vader gloves with the heavy duty gantlet.
John
John Palecki

Ray Dunakin

Wow, that "trophy" makes the "Christmas Story" leg-lamp look tasteful and sophisticated by comparison!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

Love the motorcycle photos Craig, thanks for posting. As for the Stuffed Girls Heads, I could make several uncharitable comments about ex-girlfriends, but this is a public forum. One thing for certain, $2.98 doesn't go nearly as far as it used to...  ::)

Paul

mabloodhound

It appears the first four MC photos are from England as the sidecars are on the "wrong" side.   Nice photos though.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mobilgas

Paul,    The stuffed girl Heads ad.....well ill leave that one alone  ::)   Dave,   I thought the 4 motorcycle Pic's were from across the Pond.....?
Craig

eTraxx

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Wow indeed! Very cool bridge too. They also have a pic of the first train crossing the completed bridge.

Ray Dunakin's World

mabloodhound

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ray Dunakin

I found a site that has a lot of great, historical photos of mines in Nevada. Here's one from the town of Rawhide. Note how the little hotel is surrounded by mines:

Here are two shots of the Mohawk Mine in Goldfield, NV. The trains are the Tonopah Goldfield RR:

Here's a shot of two steam-powered "Keystone Driller" rigs in action at the big copper mine near Ely, NV:

You can see the rest here:   http://www.miningartifacts.org/Nevada-Mines.html

Ray Dunakin's World

Ray Dunakin

Here's a, um, interesting... vehicle in Bisbee, AZ:

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

eTraxx

Sun-Catcher: 1906

What a marvelous marvelous photo .. at least for the individuals that post to this forum.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/12321

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

greenie

JESTER

Wow, those are some great pics!! I love the B-25 Bomber pic!

Ray Dunakin

Ever see a golden locomotive?

This loco was painted with temporary gold paint for a centennial excursion in 1964.

Ray Dunakin's World