• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

The same problem with the railroad souvenir collectors all over the world. Beautiful interesting scene Kim.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Everything has your trademark charm. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Great work as usual. Did you make the signal arm too?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Ray how are you going?
yes my work I have to confess to having a signal fetish .many many moons ago I made patterns in brass of most of the working parts of a lower quadrant signal in 1-32 scale.i made the parts by hand using a piercing saw and files I suppose it was part of my apprentice and the onset of permanently wearing of glasses. these patterns were later cast in pewter. the first photo is the patterns and then a full assembled signal. the signals had some custom parts like the arms but the weight was worked out so the signal was fully working just like the real thing -mechanically.

Bill Gill

Kim, Your patterns and signals look good.
I think your signal indicates: "STOP-cow on the tracks-No Smoking-get a loaf of bread and quart of milk on your way home-watch for falling rocks.
Is that close?

detail_stymied

wow. you could start your own business with those pieces of jewelry!
s.e. charles

Lawton Maner

The most important aspect of the signal says "my Mother is coming to dinner, DO NOT be late".

Bill Gill

Thanks, Lawton, I knew there was more than I saw there :)

You definitely do good work, Kim.

1-32

thanks, everybody
looking at all this now it is so old school as a retail, a prospect they are not just crisp enough. but I made them before 3 d printing so I got a grounding in pewter and lost wax casting it makes more sense to me still today as my software knowledge is very limited.
cheers.

Design-HSB

Kim,

I think it's fundamentally important to know the base, because only all of the 3d model making is not everything. Your work is not diminished in any way by the fact that it is not a 3d print.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

detail_stymied

Quote from: Design-HSB on August 28, 2018, 01:58:33 PM
Kim,

I think it's fundamentally important to know the base, because only all of the 3d model making is not everything. Your work is not diminished in any way by the fact that it is not a 3d print.

where's the [LIKE] button when you really need it?
s.e. charles

finescalerr

I agree with Helmut. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Wonderful work on the signal -- I think it looks great!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

hi there.
I was getting a bad feeling some bits of my model South Creek were beginning to get on my nerves so with the idea of constantly trying to improve both in technique and content i am rebuilding a few bits. easy once the basic elements are established.i will post some more once the changes are finished.
all the best kim.

detail_stymied

oh-oh. more crumbles and rust!
s.e. charles