• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detail_stymied

looks like a cumulus with a bit of nimbostratus tossed in!
s.e. charles

1-32

hi all filling in the spaces I have lately fabricated a multi-purpose pole out of the brass-light pole and a support for overhead powered locos.overheads have always attracted me but have no experience at all.i have this spare mini trains power unit so this is going to be the base for it(9mm gauge), all I have is a bit of a drawing and loading gauges cheers

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

I could give you a hint, how about some of the field ancillary locomotive of the

"Dörentrupper Sand and Tonwerke".
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

detail_stymied

I like the new vertical element. helps the eye from "landing on the pavement". the trolley in the above link, maybe festooned with similar gay colors as the buildings and hauling a toaster rack car sunday excursion of sight see-ers perhaps on their way to the pub crawl, would add a really nice addition to the operation.
s.e. charles

finescalerr

A satisfactory accoutrement. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Kim, good to see some activity in the scene.

1-32

hi all just seen Helmuts link please help me before I fall over -very nice Helmut.i just need to know where to put the power unit but just the detail for the pick up is great. trolley poles have always looked good but tricky but this method of power collection is much better as the wires can be all over the place and still look good. as always thanks for the interest more to come cheers Kim

1-32

just a follow-on -what do you think the drum on the roof inside the cab was used for it seems to have a handle for winding.the loco proportions to me look perfect for Gn15.

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Design-HSB on June 09, 2018, 02:46:42 AM
...how about some of the field ancillary locomotive of the

"Dörentrupper Sand and Tonwerke".

That is the cutest little trolley I've ever seen!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Design-HSB

Hi Kim, how can I help you?
The locomotives are self-built on a chassis of a lore.
The locomotives were operated with 220 volts of DC power.
As the driving line was interrupted at crossroads, there was this cable drum under the roof to drive over the road.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

do you know something Helmut I think you should build it .i would be perfect in what 22.5 scale?i am sure that you would have a lot of stuff already, but seeing you are there what is that drum with a handle hanging off the ceiling used for?cheers

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

Yes, an incredibly attractive vehicle only as old as I have become, I can not build anything more I like and therefore concentrate on my monastery stud model.

On the cable drum with the crank you are looking for, an electric wire is wrapped which serves to power the locomotive when it has to cross a road. Because there is no wire on the roads.

I think for your layout this loco would be absolutely perfect.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi
so it is what would call a power extension cord in the barrel very practical.i will most likely take bits of the design and use it on my model mu 9 mm power unit takes up a bit of room so everything is built around it.good detail of the power pick up her is another picture of a pole pickup nice but very fiddly
cheers

detail_stymied

if there's any "trolley-ing" to be done around here, there's a wealth of knowledge in this thread:  http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=2906&forum_id=53
s.e. charles

1-32

hi, all how are you all.
time for some more detail and an overall view of how the model is presented in its large-scale minimum space form. with the model, there is a little stand included that breaks down and fits inside the bag.when it is displayed on a table the overall height is 900 mm or 3 foot to the top of the light valance, from the floor to rail height id 1000 mm or 3 foot 4 inches. the lighting in the picture is using its own lights in a dark room.i have just done a trial pack and it all fits.there is still a lot of bits and pieces to do when I get to the stage of packing I will post some more pictures to show how it all fits.
all the best from kim.