• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

20 feet Container in Scale 1:22,5

Started by Design-HSB, August 22, 2015, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Design-HSB

Unfortunately I had to due to surgery on his right hand to take a break, but now it can go further.

Even with handicap I could hundreds 0.5mm riveting solder and thanks to a Resistance soldering tool went this really optimal.

The Pertinax plates are merely soldering agents and are later replaced with plywood.
The inner retaining strips I could milling and drilling, thanks to the repeatability of my CNC machine all adds precisely.

Now even lack the internal fan panels and then I can start with the doors.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

The work is excellent and I hope your hand gets better very quickly. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: finescalerr on November 20, 2015, 11:43:09 AM
The work is excellent and I hope your hand gets better very quickly. -- Russ

Ditto!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Helmut, looks good, take care of your hand.

Stoker

Splendid fabrication. I find the miter groove and fold method you used to make the corner boxes especially top notch work. I have never seen that attempted with metal, it is a fairly common technique for producing boxes (1:1) for stereo equipment, speakers and such. This thread caught my eye because I have actually been looking at getting one of these (a 1:1 40') and had to take a look and I am glad I did.  I almost went ahead and bought a real nice one last week (The floor looked like an Apitong bowling alley- was basically brand new), but I am thinking I need to put a concrete slab for it to sit on first, otherwise the darned packrats here in the desert would have a metropolis built under it in short order. Keep up the great work, will be following along!
Regards, James                        Modeling in 1:48 after a lengthy bout of Scalatosis Indecisivis