• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A snapshot in time. A glimpse of the Plettenberger Kleinbahn in 1/22.5 scale.

Started by Hydrostat, September 27, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finescalerr

Despite its slightly inaccurate reference to the internationally renowned and most highly regarded icon of our hobby, thank you for that rambling answer, Volker. Now go stand in the corner. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Hi,

there was some distraction for the last year. I've been doing the layout and image editing for Wolf Groote's new book about the Plettenberg Railway, which is to be published in November: https://shop.vgbahn.info/vgbahn/shop/plettenberger+kleinbahn-_4619.html

Now that the project is finished I found some time for a tiny bit of modeling.

The stove and pipe elbows are 3D printed; cover is movable. Heat protection shield is made from 0.2 mm brass sheet and 3mm copper wire soldered to the edge.

Hope to contribute more soon.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

great stove Volker I am assuming that the original was enamel finish?

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

A satisfactory accomplishment given the circumstances. In the future, however, be certain nothing distracts you from model building. -- Russ

Bill Gill

Volker, Your model stove is most convincing!!
Would the real stove have a coal scuttle next to it since the stove is small and would need stoking often?

Hydrostat

Thanks, Kim, Ray, Russ and Bill.

Quote from: 1-32 on September 25, 2018, 09:18:24 PM
great stove Volker I am assuming that the original was enamel finish?

Kim, you're right. Here's a link to the prototype: https://www.ebay.de/itm/Ofen-Kanonenofen-Emaille-Ofen-Gussofen-alter-Ofen/253409974715

Quote from: Bill Gill on September 26, 2018, 05:34:35 AM
Would the real stove have a coal scuttle next to it since the stove is small and would need stoking often?

Bill, a coal scuttle is still to come as all the interior of the room is. It's going to be a small workshop/storage room. I think I messed the wall a bit up with black pigments, trying to achieve the edge blackening effect of old buildings with coal heating.

This picture shows coloring and surface much better than the other ones. Note the surface difference at the pipe elbows. Both are printed at shapeways, maybe with a different orientation:

Cheers,
Volker

Hydrostat

Hi,

another cast iron stove for the large shop room:

And a test print for the street bridge hand rail by Kalle Stümpfl, which is attached to the building's left side.

Wall thickness is 0.4 mm at the flourishes. I'm thrilled of the result. It's just some color from a spray can. No rework, no sanding aside of 6 or 8 tiny spots from support structures. And no dust removal before taking the pictures  ::).

Cheers,
Volker

Bill Gill

Gordon Ferguson

Always love seeing your work , but that steel handrail is really superb ...... so much better than all the plethora of laser cut versions that are on the market ........ yours really has a 3D look with the resting straps and the different thicknesses of the various parts
Gordon

finescalerr

You know, I'm really getting tired of seeing so much perfection in your modeling. Nothing to criticize (except maybe the dust), instead always a superb example of what we all should aspire to. It's disgusting, I tell you, just disgusting! -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Both the stove and railing are beautiful, but the railing is especially impressive!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

Some late news of the Lohmann building w-i-p:

The stairway connects first and second floor and is made from some wood stripes and toothpicks. It doesn't make to much sense to model that item, because it will be nearly hidden later on. There'll be one insight into the hallway like that, but the stairway to the next floor is still to come:

For the annex I tried to imitate some parquet. I found some nice vertical pictures, which I combined via photoshop for the needed area. It's printed on semi glossy photo paper and all the joints are carved with a scriber.

Some brass tubing, filed down to an adequate wall thickness at their ends, and copper foil from an circuit board serve as stovepipes.

For this year the broom was sent to the corner and the jacket is chucked in.

Cheers,
Volker

finescalerr