• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A snapshot in time. A glimpse of the Plettenberger Kleinbahn in 1/22.5 scale.

Started by Hydrostat, September 27, 2013, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydrostat

You can see the lower lamella. I don't think that there's a need to have everything working in amodel. Controlled by ghost hands.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Allan G

Volker; I must recant my previous statement that these are great windows. They are absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!!!...Allan

finescalerr

Is there ANYTHING you can't recreate perfectly in miniature? -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Ok now, that is so good I thought it was the prototype and had to go back for a second look to confirm it's the model!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Greg Hile

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on November 17, 2017, 05:46:14 PM
Ok now, that is so good I thought it was the prototype and had to go back for a second look to confirm it's the model!

Me too!

Hydrostat

Quote from: finescalerr on November 17, 2017, 10:42:13 AM
Is there ANYTHING you can't recreate perfectly in miniature? -- Russ

The modeler's annual. And that is missing really hard. When do you plan to publish the first online issue?

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on November 17, 2017, 05:46:14 PM

Oh, wow. Thank you Ray and Greg.

finescalerr

michael mott

QuoteAny idea how to apply putty in extremely thin skein without leaving a mess?

Volker I did do this on one of my models. First I held the glass in with tiny spots of glue, then used a white Sculpy with a small putty knife. putty generally is painted afterwards anyway.

Michael

Hydrostat

Quote from: michael mott on November 21, 2017, 07:52:58 AM
Volker I did do this on one of my models. First I held the glass in with tiny spots of glue, then used a white Sculpy with a small putty knife. putty generally is painted afterwards anyway.
Michael

Thanks, Michael. For some reasons I didn't use glass, but acrylic glass, which is easily scratched when working with a putty knife and even by removing excess with a piece of fabric or paper. I think glass is less delicate.

Hydrostat

Good evening Ladies* and Gentlemen!

Added some parts. There's a blackened screen with the shop owner's cypher to come where there's a brass screen now:

When I closed the shutter ...

... and opened it afterwards there was an additional door and some trifles. Simply astonishing, but it happened. Must have been any christmas thingie.

A bit closer.

Another bit closer for some dust and fuzz. And for unmissable evidence of my decreasing eyesight according to the aperture's screws.

Door is made of veneer and CA.

There are show cases to come at both entrance's sides.

Cheers,
Volker

*Russ, I hope your bikini girls have an account, too. Otherwise please forget this interjection.

finescalerr

Volker, your store looks like it will be so expensive and upper class I will give each of the bikini girls a platinum card with unlimited credit. The modeling isn't bad, either. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

The shutter is lasered (i. e. cut and engraved) cardboard of 0.5 mm diameter. I drenched it with spar varnish to have it a bit more stable. At the lowest lamella there's an additional piece of brass angle section over the complete width. It's able to roll it up and down a few times which is efficient to get to some different pictures later on. I don't need to have it 'working', but there'll be a hidden string to help closing it because it doesn't roll up to well because of it's stiffness.

Bill Gill

When I closed the shutter ..
... and opened it afterwards there was an additional door and some trifles. Simply astonishing, but it happened. Must have been any christmas thingie.

So you are saying when the Christmas thingie opens a window, it closes a door? :) And and excellent looking door it is.

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/