• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Looking for a figure

Started by Carlo, August 29, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

I've seen this figure online, but I don't know the scale or source.
I think it's part of a larger series or set. Amazing realism!
If anyone can help me find it, I would appreciate it.
Carlo

mabloodhound

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hydrostat

Cool. To me it looks like a 3d scanned person with some subsequent touchup.
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Tom Neeson

Here is their facebook page, not sure how to go about ordering though.

https://www.facebook.com/reedoakmodels/

Tom

Oh wait, here you go. Figures are available in a number of scales.

http://reedoak.com/

No Scribed Siding!

Carlo

Well, I check all those links, but I still haven't seen that figure.
I saw tires, many other figures, some very nice... but not that one.
Carlo

Tom Neeson

Look in Modern Civilians, Pick a scale, Modern Truck Driver with safety boots

Tom
No Scribed Siding!

finescalerr

Good heavens! With figures that good I'm going to have to improve my modeling! -- Russ

Carlo

OK, now I found it. Thanks.
If these are as good as the pictures,
it's a whole new level of detail and realism in model figures.
Carlo

Mobilgas

So the figure is 1/87?????   and can you order him in 1/24?
Craig

Hauk

Very nice figures.
All of them are based on scanning of actual people, and they are original prints. No castings as far as I can see.

I do not know what printer he uses, but the quality of the prints is excellent.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

nalmeida

They are made with and SLA 3D printer from Envisiontec. The models look great and on the Facebook page you can follow the methods to avoid the layering from printing. My only problem with this kind of production is that the resins themselves are photo sensitive which means they don't stop curing over time. I mean we cure the resins with UV light but with time the pieces keep shrinking when exposed to uv light. I also have a SLA DLP printer and I wouldn't try to print final products with it, I only use it for prototyping, I'm worried with the medium/long term exposition of the pieces to the light. Even when painted the curing process doesn't stop from what I read.