• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fine Scale Modeler Special Issue

Started by Lawton Maner, December 15, 2018, 03:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

Yesterday (Friday 14 Dec., 2018) while looking for some light reading at my local chain bookstore I stumbled onto a special issue of Kalmbach's Fine Scale Modeler titled "Damaged".  It is all about the fantastic level of weathering being done by our European friends.  Many will already know of this work, but it is my first introduction to many of the techniques used.  I sincerely feel it will intimidate most of the people I know who call themselves "model railroaders" out of their socks. 

shropshire lad

Quote from: Lawton Maner on December 15, 2018, 03:07:40 AM
Yesterday (Friday 14 Dec., 2018) while looking for some light reading at my local chain bookstore I stumbled onto a special issue of Kalmbach's Fine Scale Modeler titled "Damaged".  It is all about the fantastic level of weathering being done by our European friends.  Many will already know of this work, but it is my first introduction to many of the techniques used.  I sincerely feel it will intimidate most of the people I know who call themselves "model railroaders" out of their socks. 

Name names please .

finescalerr

What names do you want? He's Lawton, you're Nick, and I'm Russ. The problem with you British people is an inability clearly to express yourself in English! Go stand in the corner. -- ssuR

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on December 15, 2018, 10:58:53 AM
What names do you want? He's Lawton, you're Nick, and I'm Russ. The problem with you British people is an inability clearly to express yourself in English! Go stand in the corner. -- ssuR

I'm Jerry!!

Russ he's already in the corner you can't send him again!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Lawton Maner

Design-HSB

Excuse if I interrupt you in the highly scientific naming, perhaps this publication is concerned?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Lawton Maner

That's the one on the shelf at my local bookstore.